Day 5
One more day. One more day till my free day. I’m so excited. I’ve already planned it out. Well for the most part. Cupcake, big breakfast including ham and bacon and pancakes, maybe some Mexican food, and a Snickers shake……awhh man…
Today nothing tasted good. Even the things I normally can handle don’t taste good because I’m ready for some bacon. Thank goodness for the free day. I still have to work out tomorrow but I get to eat anything. I’m going to try and limit myself though. I’ve been good all week.
Today my big toe started hurting and upon further examination I found a blister on it! A blister!! That’s exciting news because that means I’m running longer and faster then I ever have. It totally hurts but that blister is a symbol of my effort and I’m proud of it. I’m getting pretty good at pumping myself up for my runs in this first week. I told myself that if I finished my run today I’d let myself eat the cupcake first thing in the morning on Saturday. MMm…
The run went pretty good. I felt my hamstrings really start to tighten up midway through and I almost stopped at minute 22 but I kept going because if I didn’t, I wouldn’t let myself eat the cupcake till lunchtime. It’s amazing what the body can do. I can’t believe I can run for 30 minutes and go almost 2 ½ miles and not die.
I’m learning a lot about serving sizes. For instance, meat is about 3-4 oz. I had no idea meat was measured in ounces. 1 cup of fresh fruit is a serving. ½ cup cottage cheese. 8 oz. skim milk. All serving sizes. It’s crazy how much cereal I can actually fit into a 1 cup measuring cup but I make sure it’s full to the brim. Water too. I’m taking in about 94 ounces of water a day. Active women should take about 91. Moderately active should take in about 84. It’s all so crazy and there’s lots of numbers to everything but the more you do it, the easier it gets. I hardly have to look at my book anymore to figure out what a carb and what a protein are. And serving sizes are making much more sense in my head now. I can barely sleep I’m so excited for free day.
No comments:
Post a Comment