September 01, 2011

Day 4

I woke up today feeling so much better. Maybe I had to get over the 3 day hump. I’ve heard most habits you are trying to start or bad habits you are trying to quit have a 3 day hump you have to overcome. Whatever it is, I was able to get out of bed and only wince maybe once or twice. Today was leg day.

Working out your legs or lower body is more strenuous in my opinion probably because the muscles you are trying to exhaust are much bigger. My goal was to have a hard time walking on my way out and I think I reached that. I definitely felt a surge of confidence thanks to my new workout outfit. I’m a girl so sue me. :)

Abs. Who in their right mind actually likes to work out their abs? Me? You? NO. I struggle with abs. I do really good, see faint outlines of results but don’t ever want to keep up the effort. Someone told me that it’s not crunches that will give you abs, it’s the food you eat. The abdominals are there, you just have to work to get them to show. My ab workout was just okay today. I always feel like puking after I do crunches so I need to find different ways to tax those muscles.

Eating wasn’t as much of a hassle today. I made a really yummy salad and for one of my snacks I ate edamame. One of my favorites. I realized something today. I don’t know what it is, but I get this sudden hunger at about 6 at night every night. And it wasn’t making sense to me because I have been eating almost every 2-3 hours all day. I realized it wasn’t hunger, it was cravings. NO! Not cravings! But yes, every night starting at 6 I get cravings to eat bad food. It peaks around 8 and by 9 I’m fine. It’s odd but at least I’m recognizing it for what it is; a dumb craving and not actual hunger. So I’m on guard now for the 6-9 pm time slot. It’s a doozy. Oh and I’m also realizing that I must sip my water throughout the day and not guzzle an entire bottle in 5 mintues. Helps with the uh…going all the time. :)

(By the way, I do apologize if this bores anyone but it's really helping me along so....yep!)

No comments: