September 04, 2011

Day 6

Free Day!! I woke up today and felt super excited for the meals ahead. Hunter and I took an early trip to Denny’s and I ordered the Lumberjack Slam. Pancakes, toast, eggs, bacon, ham, sausage, and hashbrowns. Yum. After I ate my breakfast, I came to some interesting conclusions. While my Denny’s breakfast was delicious and amazing, I got the same full feeling after I ate that then if I ate my yogurt and granola with cantaloupe. So if I’m going to feel that full feeling after both, the smarter choice would obviously be the healthier one.

I also realized that food wasn’t really all that it was cracked up to be. I ate my whole breakfast then looked at it and thought, hmm well that was good but not something I could do without. When you eat and diet the way I have been trying to, it changes the way you think about food and its value.

Today’s workout was hard. Very hard. I’m not a very big proponent of working out on Saturdays but I guess I better get used to it. I struggled at the gym, not wanting to exert myself. I was done. I didn’t want to do anymore this week. I had enough! But thanks to a great coach/boyfriend/trainer/coolest guy ever, I made it through it with only complaining about 12 times.

Hunter’s family invited us to a cabin this weekend so after my workout we headed up north to cooler weather. On the way up we decided to get my all-time favorite fast food meal: Happy Meal. My first thoughts upon finishing were definitely not happy ones. Thirty minutes after I ate it I felt nasty and sick. I wanted to throw it right back up and never speak of it again. I continued to feel terrible the whole rest of the day. Bad news.

Some lessons I’ve learned this first Free Day:

You are free to eat whatever you want but it does comes with a price

Just because it’s Free Day doesn’t mean I need to ‘Last Supper’ every meal thinking I’m never going to have it again

I can still find ways to eat healthy on these days

Happy Meals= not happy Lindsey.

No comments: