Day 2
I woke up this morning and I was starving. STARVING. Guess that’s what happens when you stop eating at 6:30 at night. I could barely remember making breakfast I was so hungry. But amidst my hunger, I patiently sautéed some chunks of beef, onions, green peppers, and scrambled an egg. It was worth it because it was a very delicious alternative to Fruit Loops. I literally inhaled it and felt unusually full after which is not what I was thinking would happen. Usually after a bowl of cereal I want something more, like a muffin or little snack but after this meal I felt like I was going to burst and it wasn’t event that much!
Eating on the dot was a little harder today because I had to work. I tried my best to eat my carrots and hummus (which is really yummy by the way) but working in a dental office is often fast-paced and it’s hard to get a break in.
Hunter helped me work out my arms and I’m starting to realize the real effort I need to put myself through in order to get the results I really want. It was really hard and I pushed myself multiple times to a limit I’ve never been at. It feels oddly good to lift a weight and see the muscle working as you do so. I kind of get the body-building thing; how it can get addicting.
Food felt bland today. Nothing had the substance I wanted. Chocolate. Everything was just pure fuel, no enjoyment. Blah. I’m trying so hard to like the meals but it’s hard when your roommate makes chocolate cupcakes and you have to force a protein shake down while cupcake fumes penetrate your bedroom. I almost threw up twice today. Once while choking down my said fruity protein shake (I really hate fruit) and once while I was eating my dinner. Either my body is not used to this amount of food all day or my body is not used to this amount of water I’m taking in. I keep thinking this can’t be right…this much water?? Really?? After I drink it, I can literally feel it fill my stomach. I feel my body getting at least a little bit used to all this water. That’s progress, albeit slight.
Tonight I did something really dumb. I went to the grocery store after 8pm. I’m not eating after 8pm so going to the grocery store at 10pm is literal torture. I shouldn’t have done it but I needed some whole grain cereal and stuff for my salad tomorrow. It pained me walking down the cereal aisle and wanting my usual sugary, yummy cereals. Captain Crunch? Fruit Loops? Berry Berry Kix? NOPE. Kashi whole grain cereal. awesome….yum.
Today was hard but I would say I came to some realizations:
- I’m going to have to work a lot harder in the gym than I anticipated.
- My body is a working machine hence the number of times I use the restroom after I drink a full bottle of water. Is it even getting absorbed??
- Eating 5 meals a day is harder than it sounds.
- Brushing my teeth right after dinner helps curb my hunger.
- I still really want some chocolate.
No comments:
Post a Comment