Day 1 (Monday)
Man, my knees kill. Hunter made me this really great running workout last night. Thank you incentives because he offered me a new workout outfit if I finished my first day of cardio WITHOUT stopping. I woke up this morning and felt like it was Doomsday. No more sweets, no more late night rendezvous with the Double Stuf Oreos. No more obsessing about trying to have a really fit body and never really doing anything about it. I decided to eat a good breakfast then head off to the gym. I tried to figure out as best I could how to make a good omelet (I’m not the best cook, hey we all have things we need to work on ok??). I burnt it trying to figure out how to cut up a green pepper. I got pretty discouraged at that point but I ate it anyways. Not the tastiest breakfast in the world but I like that I can season something with healthier things like peppers instead of cheese and ketchup. Already learning lessons!!
I went to the gym and asked if I could get my body fast tested. As I was doing so, the trainer asked me if I lifted weights..Yes. Do you run? Yes. Ya…you look like a runner...I’ve never in my life been told I look like an athlete of any sort! That small remark gave me the boost of confidence I needed.
The run. I’m not sure if anyone knows this but, running is hard. I have never liked running ever. Gross. Running. But I knew there were three things I really wanted: to start my journey off right, to make myself and Hunter proud, and get a new workout outfit. As I ran and started feeling like I wanted to quit, I just kept hearing that total stranger, ‘you look like a runner’ in my head and it made me feel like I really was! It’s odd when you totally push yourself over what you think you can do because I found myself saying things like, ‘k linds, you got this, just one more minute.’ And, ‘nope, you’re not stopping, don’t even think about stopping, keep going!!’ and, ‘you can do this, c’mon!!’ instead of things like, ‘k this is hard, let’s stop’ and, ‘ok I’m done, this is too hard’. Mini breakthrough? Yes indeed.
The protein shake I had after felt like I was choking down a pretty version of vomit. I hate fruit but I knew my body needed it. It wasn’t too bad, I just pretended like it was a chocolate milkshake that I had to hurry and finish before we could go into the movie theater. It semi-worked. By lunchtime I wasn’t really that hungry. Normally I just skip but not now. I ate steamed broccoli and beef. It doesn’t sound totally appetizing but it actually was. I’m gonna have to start to make best friends with those fruits and vegetables, I might as well do it without kicking and screaming.
Don’t get me started on the water. I got a bigger water bottle so I wouldn’t have to fill up as much. I’ve already had 2 full ones and I’ve peed about 10 times already today. I’m hoping that’s a good thing because I literally thing the water is just skipping my stomach all together and heading straight for my bladder.
Nearing the end of this first day, I’m realizing that I might actually be able to do this. Really eat better and become more active for myself and my future family. It will not be easy, heck, right now I’m yearning for something sweet SO BAD but I know that those cravings will subside after a while. Thank goodness for my free day. I chose Saturdays as my free day. Mmm..first thing I want is a piece of chocolate. I’ll probably have just one but I’m going to savor that memory into the next week.
(These thoughts were taken straight from my Body for Life journal they encourage you to write in everyday. Some thoughts may not totally connect but you get the gist.)
1 comment:
Lindsey I agree- you LOOK like a runner! You're lucky to have one of those cute body shapes that is already cute to start with and anything you do will just enhance it even more. Is that weird for me to say? I don't think so. You've always looked cute!!
AND you NEED to try Muscle Milk protein shakes. It's a little pricey ($25 a bottle I think) but they are SO TASTEY. It's like a chocolate shake. You can even get Light that has less calories, fat, and carbs, but tastes just as good. My favorite is banana creme.
Try it out- and keep up the good work!!
I read your blog and got motivated too. So thanks for your good example. :)
Post a Comment