Hunter doing homework:
Hunter: So, one of my homework questions is how would a certain business market for people interested in a certain mumbo jumbo (correction: he didn't really say mumbo jumbo but I can't quite remember what the question was)
Lindsey: Um...I guess they could start marketing for this and then move to that, and then do this.....what's the right answer?
Hunter: So, one of my homework questions is how would a certain business market for people interested in a certain mumbo jumbo (correction: he didn't really say mumbo jumbo but I can't quite remember what the question was)
Lindsey: Um...I guess they could start marketing for this and then move to that, and then do this.....what's the right answer?
Hunter: There is no right answer.
Lindsey: Then I don't know it.
One might say we have different learning styles. He's more of a there's-many-different-possibilities-and-answers-learning. I am more of a-one-right-answer-the-end. Essentially that's how I passed hygiene school. There was only one right answer and if I got enough right answers, I passed the test.
I've noticed the difference when playing games as well. As adorable as it was to learn Hunter had never played Solitaire before, it made me realize that we grew up in very different circumstances. He lived in Arizona, where it's warm and sunny and the outdoors are beckoning you to come and frolick in them all day. I lived in Washington where the only thing the outdoors said was go play inside or I'll straight up rain on you for 30 days. Nonetheless, it's probably cute for him to watch me throw a football and it's equally cute for me to watch him try and hold a hand of 15 cards.
Biggest difference that is probably my favorite is this: Hunter is a pro at telling stories. He paints this vivid picture of what happened coupled with fine print details and emotions of all characters involved. I on the other hand may be a little more akin to sticking to the need-to-know facts and jist of the story. I wanna say it stems from growing up in large family of loud boys where whatever you said had to be quick and funny.
Differences yes but I think we've come to not only understand them but enjoy seeing them play out. Relationships are interesting and amazing and I'm just now starting to understand the give and take of it all. Learning as we go is probably the best motto here and I wouldn't rather do it with anyone else. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment