April 04, 2011

Hunger Games!


Okay first and foremost, I would like to give props to my sister-in-law Annie for introducing me to The Hunger Games. I called her one day two summer ago or was it three? Anyways I asked her what books I should read and she told me I HAD to read this book called Hunger Games. I'm like fiction? kids killing each other? otherthrowing government? I'm in! Man it's such a good book and I always thought it would make such an amazing movie. Ta Da! It's cool guys, I called Lionsgate and told them my ideas so March 2012 it's coming out! (I know this fan-made movie poster says 2011 but c'mon it's fanmade and awesome) Now we all know that poor choices in casting can ruin a movie and sometimes a book for people (Twilight), so I was nervous to see who they would cast as these characters. Personally I thought I would make a great Katniss but I guess my girl Jennifer Lawrence is okay. I mean she's an Academy Award nominee so that means this could turn out to be legit. Plus to be honest, she looks like a Katniss. Totally plain and beautiful.

Today they cast Peeta and Gale. Unfortunately I'm not totally okay with it but I'll manage. I thought The Last Song guy on the left was going to be Peeta but turns out he is Gale. Either way, they both will do great. I kinda keep wanting to switch them and make Peeta the guy on the left. Oh well! Are you loving how much I'm into this?

If you're reading this right now and have a slight inclination to make fun of me I totally understand because I'm blogging about a movie. At least it's not Star Wars, which is also a really great movie franchise...

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I agree with you!!! When I first looked at your blog, without reading it, I said, to the guy on the left, he kinda looks like how i pictured Peeta. And the guy on the right, i thought, I can see that being Gale. They really do need to switch them. That is going to mess me up. Plus Peeta has blondeish curls, right?
And yes, I am happy with the Katniss casting.

Anyway, get on that 3rd book!

Rachel said...

Oh, and I pictured Peeta being more round faced like the guy on the left, and Gale having sharper features like the guy on the right.

Unknown said...

I also looked at the pictures before reading further and thought Peeta was the guy on the left. It totally kept throwing me off and I had to go back and re read who you said was who. I want to switch them!

OH I Can't wait for the movie!