October 02, 2010

Happy October!


October is here. I can't believe I've been living in Arizona for 3 months now! I was walking in WalMart yesterday and stopped at the Oreos. They were Halloween Oreos, meaning they had an orange creme filling. My first thought was I have to have them. Not because they were Oreos but because they were Halloween Oreos. 5 Boorific shapes. And then it hit me that I love seasonal everything. The minute those Halloween decorations come out I'm walking up and down the aisles thinking I need pumpkin place mats and spooky ghost window clings. What is wrong with me? Same thing for Christmas and Valentine's Day and St. Patricks Day (it's a real holiday). But I really...really love Halloween. I don't remember where this love obsession with October/Halloween came from really. My mother hates the entire month of October and shouts for joy the minute it's over. It's weird, I love it! Let me tell you why in bullet point format:
  • It gets cooler. And for Arizona that's really quite nice.
  • PUMPKIN.I could write en entire blog post about how much I love pumpkin so I'll just leave it at I love it. The pie, the yummy candle smell, the spices.....aaaah.
  • Scary movies. Let's face it, I'm a baby when it comes to scary movies but in October, I find it almost necessary to watch as many scary movies as I can.
  • Decorations. All you really need is orange lights, a light-up pumpkin and a pumpkin scented candle and you're set for the month.
  • Carving pumpkins. Now I kind of hate messes and let's be honest, you can never carve a pumpkin and come away clean. But this may be another time I give in and let myself get those disgusting seeds clear up my arms and make the worst scary faced pumpkin. Every year.
  • Costumes! Ask my best friends, I decide what my costume is going to be nearly a year in advance. My favorites have been: tooth fairy (naturally) and a red M&M when I was 10. What will I be this year? Harry Potter. In honor of the last movie. Duh.
  • Also along the lines of costumes, I love seeing how creative other people get. And yes I will be one of those couples with a baby that dresses in a theme. In case you were wondering.
I Love October.

No comments: