May 04, 2010

A New Read

So I came across this blog today. Before I say anything just click on it, so it pops up in one of your tabs, you just have to. seriouslysoblessed.blogspot.com. When I started reading it, I first thought, wow this girl is so dumb, I kind of wanna punch her. But then I kept reading and realized it was this satirical masterpiece. And I love it. This is from the Daily Herald, "seriously so blessed is a fictitious blog about the ups and medium-ups of a Utah newlywed who sees herself and her life as nothing short of ideal, or rather, idill. Her name is Tiffany/Amber/Megan/Nicole, or TAMN for short, a composite name that's fitting, considering her persona is itself a composite -- all the stereotypes and cultural quirks of the quintessential modern Mormon mommy rolled into one comically self-absorbed and self-righteous "sassy hottie." seriously, read the rest of the article, because it's great. http://heraldextra.com/lifestyles/article_d5ab242e-11cd-52f8-8a88-e963040300e3.html. Needless to say, I'm hooked. This woman is hilarious the way she depicts the typical Mormon wife and mom. She ghost-writes the whole thing, but she said in a telephone interview, "Most people love it, some people are totally offended, and some people are just confused. I take it as the highest compliment when people think it's a real blog." Go take a gander, and if you love it let me know.

No comments: