March 04, 2010
Frustrations
Today is frustrating. I had a practice anesthesia exam. I gave two shots and got graded. I failed both. I am proud to say that I waited to get in my car to cry. After I came home, I looked at my mountains of books and stared at them trying to remember why I chose to go to school. Some days, like today, I don't feel like I can do it. Some days, like today, I don't feel like finishing. 2 more months. Usually in college the last dwindling months are cake. Definitely reverse case here. Today sucked, yes. Probably one of the low points in my dental hygiene career BUT....I have a plan. I take my written exam in 3 weeks. So for 3 weeks, I will bust my butt and study. I will hate my life. I will hate dental hygiene. But I WILL PASS. 3 weeks after that I'm going to sit down and do my real injections, get graded and PASS. The day after that I'm going to sit down and clean teeth and get graded and PASS. A part of me may be going crazy and I've never been so moody in my life but the minute I am done with all my tests, I'm going to sit next down, take a deep breath, and cry to my heart's content because I've never worked so hard for anything in my life. But as for today, I'm frustrated, tired, and wishing it was May.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm really proud of you, Linds. I would have dropped out 2 months in. You're almost done and you WILL pass!
You can practice on my teeth. Stupid BYU insurance doesn't cover dental stuff. That $5 thing was amazing. Is that still the deal? I know what you mean about the tests. I'm feeling the same with with my CFA exam, and school in general. I graduate in April and then have the biggest test of my life in June. Sad thing is, there are 3 levels of the test. One each year, and this is just the first. But I like your determination! I'm definitely not that motivated right now.
Post a Comment