October 27, 2011

Day 60

Running day! I was so tired today…going to the gym after work so completely totally sucks. It’s been a long week and last thing I wanted to do was run! I ran 3 miles in 33.50 minutes. Trying to shave off that time little by little. Big news! Hunter and I have decided that once I can run 3 miles in 30 minutes then we are going to sign up for a 5K race! It’s great motivation. I can’t wait. I’m a little nervous because I don’t know how races go and I usually get really nervous when I don’t know what to expect. But it’s okay because I know I can do it.

My legs were hurting today for sure. I think I might have strained something in my thigh. Will rest it for a day or two.


Day 59

Leg day. Bleh. Man I’m hitting a wall. I’ve got to figure out some stuff this weekend. My body needs a good shocking.


Day 58

Running day! My left thigh and right calf have been feeling really weird the past week when I run. They were tweaking me all during my run today. I’m not sure what’s up, hopefully it’s nothing and it’ll work itself out. It sure does make the first 10 minutes of my run very uncomfortable. Today I ran 3 miles in 34 minutes. My goal for the next couple weeks is to get 3 miles in 30 minutes or less. It’s going to be hard because I’ve never run that fast before but to me, that would be just the ultimate satisfaction when it used to take me almost 20 minutes to run 1 mile.

The run was long and my body ached but once you get that first 15 minutes over with, you really start to loosen up and feel a lot better. I try to focus on random things when I’m either tired/bored/sore/running really fast when I run. I watch whatever is moving on the TV. I watch the racquetball players. I watch people doing lifts completely wrong. I watch men stare at themselves in mirrors. It helps.

Day 57

Monday workouts= Not happy Lindsey. But it’s okay because guess what? I’m getting buff arms!!! For once! I’m really excited every time I lift my arm day because I am seeing muscles in my arms that I’ve never ever seen. If you ever see me, tell me to flex, I will do it for you, shyly, but I’ll do it. It feels good to know you are progressing little by little.

No comments: