Day 24
Today was a good day. Again, thanks to all the support from my family and friends. Your kind and supportive words are inspiring and incredibly motivating, thank you! I don’t know what it was about today, but today was just a good day. My breakfast was bomb. Maybe that’s what it was. My cherry vanilla granola was like eating a 5 minute cookie. Awesome. I really look forward to breakfast everyday, maybe it’s because breakfast food is just so good or maybe it’s because I’m starving by the time I wake up.
Had some really tasty granola at work today. From Whole Grain Bread Company. Delicious. I went and bought some for cereal tomorrow. It’s going to be great!
Another reason today was so great is because I had a great day at the gym. I mean really great! When I started this almost 4 weeks ago, I had to take my body fat % as a starting point. It was 20% which is actually pretty good. For women to be considered “athletes” the range is 14-20% so when I started I felt pretty good except yes, I could be classified as an athlete just by looking at those numbers but I in no way considered/felt like one.
Today I decided, kind of on a whim, to take it again and see what kind of difference 4 weeks made. 18.8%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What????? In 4 weeks, I lost almost 1.5% of pure fat. I don’t really have a goal when it comes to body fat but now I feel like being in the lower end of that spectrum isn’t unattainable. I have to take into account my height so for right now 18.8% suits me just fine. Maybe I’ll make my next goal be under 18%. Yep. Done. That’s my next goal. It feels fantastic. I feel healthy for once in my life. I feel like I can actually for the first time call myself an athlete and that made it a really good day.
Day 23
Huge accomplishment today. I ran 3.5 miles in 41 minutes! That, my friends is just like a tremendous step for me! I ran 1 mile in 11.14 minutes. 11 minutes?? Um it used to take me almost 15 minutes to run/walk/pretty much walk/ 1 mile! Progress! Makes me really happy and after I was done, I felt pretty good, I mean tired but pretty good!
I ate some yummy chicken tonight, thank you Hunter. It was delicious! I’m really looking forward to eating my new granola and milk tomorrow morning. Yum!
No comments:
Post a Comment