August 31, 2011

Day 3

I woke up today and felt like a dump truck had run over me repeatedly. I could barely stand up straight. I was tight everywhere. I felt like I couldn’t breathe and my arms were dead. Dead. I was so hungry that I felt like I might pass out. I made my breakfast but it took me a long time to eat it because I felt sick. I got worried so I called Hunter and I was assured this is normal. I’m now learning what it means to ‘exhaust my body’. I never participated in strenuous sports or dance growing up so I’m just now understanding what it feels like to tax my body to its limits. My main concern was: did I have it in me to go for a run? But as soon as the question came out, I knew the answer. No questions, YES.

The first 5 minutes of my run were painful and I wanted to stop. But as my body started to loosen up, I felt energy start coming back into my body. It felt fantastic. I’ve realized I’m really not that pretty when I uber-sweat. Sorry if you run into me at the gym.

The food has been an issue today. I keep feeling full and I don’t like that feeling. I’m not used to it. I used to like getting the grumbly stomach because then I knew I needed to eat again. Now the clock tells me and I never feel hunger pains. It’s going to take some getting used to. I did not want fruits and vegetables today. That’s the last thing my taste buds wanted to savor. I reasoned with myself and had a chocolate protein bar. It helped a little but sure doesn’t beat a Snickers shake (courtesy of Hunter Brady).

I have pretty much felt terrible all day. I don’t know if my body is detoxing or if it’s trying to get used to what I’m doing to it but one thing I know for sure is that it is not happy with me. Today has been the hardest so far and we’re only 3 days into 84. Bah! I hope that tomorrow some of the food with start looking better. Saturday….can’t wait till Saturday..

No comments: