I've been ginormously (yes, it's a word, my computer tried auto-correcting it and had no suggestions, so there) busy with work of late so I've been lax in getting the important stuff done like blogging and reading magazines but have no fear I'm finally catching up.
I celebrated my 6 month anniversary of working at my current office this week. (silent celebrations) I can't believe it. 6 months!! That's a lot of teeth made better in this world by me. I did a lot of thinking that day and couldn't help feel so wonderfully grateful for the opportunity I've had to work at a job I love. I never thought coming out of hygiene school I'd be working at an office that's such a great fit.
One of the things that gets me through my day (what, k cleaning teeth isn't always fantastic, sometimes it's boring) is the relationship I get to have with my patients. Being there for 6 months, I'm getting to see most of them a 2nd time now and a lot of them for the 2nd or 3rd time. I'm realizing I'm a people-oriented person because I can't wait to look at my schedule and see who's coming in today. I have my favorite patients list. It's probably 10 people long but whenever these people come in, I have a good day. People's stories are amazing. I've heard some amazing ones. But enough about that, just wanted to give a quick check-in. That's all!
No comments:
Post a Comment