I know you probably read the title and thought wow, now I'm hooked. Thank you, thank you.
I'm going to let you in on a little secret...I recently went on the BEST date of my entire existence. I know that seems like dramatic overkill but whatever. In honor of me getting to experience 'Lindsey's BEST date ever' I'm going to now explain it in my favorite format; bullet point.A bit of a scene set-up. Thursday. Around 6pm-ish. Me and the Boyfriend are texting.
Boyfriend (via text): Okay cool so movie is at 9:45, wanna get dinner before, say 7:30?
Linds: Ummm..I don't know, are you asking me out via text message? :)
Boyfriend promptly calls. :)
Friday night:
- Went to my new favorite store, Fresh 'N Easy and picked up ingredients.
- The boyfriend made me some of my favorite foods, including bruschetta.
- He tells me he has a surprise before dinner.
- Tells me it's good I'm wearing a coat, I might need it.
- Plays French opera music as a clue on the way in the car.
- Still totally confused.
- We get to a resort in Scottsdale and ride a Gondola!!
- The Gondola driver turns out to be LDS and his singing voice is beautiful.
- Head over to the new luxury movie theater in Scottsdale called IPIC.
- While waiting in the lobby, we see our friend who's in charge of marketing.
- We run into Charles Barkley.
- Wow, ummmm ok!!
- See The Green Hornet in lounge chairs.
- Free drinks and desserts thanks to our friend.
- Movie was great.
- Boyfriend was great.
- Date was my favorite :)
Who knows, this could be topped someday. Whenever anyone asked my best date story, you know what I would tell them? Hasn't happened yet. Whew! Glad it finally happened :)
2 comments:
Congratulations on the best date ever! (Or should I be congratulating the BF for pulling that off?)
I'm super glad that you've found someone to occupy your time, but um.... I miss you. Will you puh-lease join the FB again so I can at least pretend like you're around?
PS: I really love that you made him call you to set up your date. Some things are sacred. :)
Post a Comment