Prepare yourselves this may be a long one. Actually, this is my blog, deal with it. I traveled up to the Great Pacific Northwest this past weekend and it was wonderful! I got to spend it with my two very best friends. Joni is dancing for the NW Dance Project up there and she had the weekend off. She calls me Tuesday after work. It came out something like this:
Jones: Hey..you should come up here this weekend since you have Friday-Tuesday off.
Me: I want to! But tickets are stab your eye out expensive.
Jones: Okay...
Jones (20 minutes later): I found one for super cheap round trip!
Me: DONE.
Later that night Amber my other best friend rings me:
Amber: Are you for real going up to Portland this weekend to see Joni??
Me: Darn straight!
Amber: Well then I'm coming too.
Me: :)
It was an awesome, much needed weekend. I miss these girls so much but it was fun to be on a mini-vacation together away from our busy, working lives. I also forgot how completely breathtaking the Northwest is in the fall. If anyone ever gets a chance to visit any part of Washington or Oregon in the fall, you will not regret it. Yay for travel!Best french toast I've EVER had.

Jones and Me!

It was blowing my mind how completely granola everything was. Perfect fit for my Joni:)

Joni's dance studio!

We're so proud.

Seriously...I know I only captured this on my phone but it's gorgeous.

Amber and I explored the streets of Portland while Joni took class.

And came across the best breakfast place ever called Gravy. Look at her plate!

That was my omelet. It was the size of that plate. And I'm not ashamed.

That paper said Yoga for Baristas. Can't get much more Northwest than that.

We went back and watched Joni dance for a bit. I wasn't sure if I was allowed to take pictures so I only got one..she's in the background.

Oh..the greenery :)
We got to celebrate Halloween together! I was of course Harry Potter. Think I nailed it.
We got to this party and my classmates were there, weird!

Joni as a Sailor and Amber as Spaghetti.

Sheer determination.

Also great place for breakfast, Cup 'N Saucer. Great scones and hot chocolate. :)


Look at that grass! No greener, softer grass than in the northwest.

Along the Columbia River..can you tell I was freezing?


Why do I pose so awkwardly? Sorry if you feel uncomfortable.
Course we had to make a quick and eventually expensive trip to Nordstrom.

I love them :)

Thanks girls! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment