So I was in Institute today and we were reading this talk about marriage. (it may or may not be a marriage prep class) We came across this section and I laughed out loud.
"I am convinced that resentment is one of the most lethal poisons in marriage. Resentment doesn't ruin a marriage overnight; rather, it is like tooth decay that gradually and silently damages your teeth. Forgetting to brush your teeth one time doesn't ruin your teeth, just as eating one candy bar does not lead you to a life of wearing dentures; however, with numerous instances of neglect over many months and years, tooth decay, if not properly treated, will destroy your teeth. Likewise, resentment gradually accumulates, often without us even noticing it. If left untreated, resentment builds up over a number of years to the point where it destroys love."
-Rick Miller BYU
I probably shouldn't have laughed. But I only did because I totally get it now.......
No comments:
Post a Comment