March 29, 2010

Festival of Colors..

I definitely needed a break. I was sitting in my room studying while watching Michael Jackson's This Is It and realized I needed a BREAK. And break I did. This past Saturday was an event to behold. I'm not sure which religion it is but some Muslimish one has this festival of colors to celebrate the start of Spring. The point of this festival is to throw as much colored powder at people as you can. And then at 5pm we counted down and threw all the powder in the air. I kind of felt I was at Woodstock and I stepped back into the 70's. Not gonna lie, I would have been a kick A hippie. It was amazing. It was......probably.......the funnest thing I've ever done in Utah. Let the pictures and video explain. This was very needed.

Some of the coolest people ever and I before the festival...


Right when I got there, a huge handful of green, right in the face.


It just kept getting better...











It was everywhere. Literally. I blew my nose and it was purple and green.


We decided to do a hippie dance.




Lindsey needs outside time.


Of course I kept my teeth clean are you crazy??!


After the festival...





Sorry the sound on this is terrible but yes I was in the middle of this crowd.


1 comment:

Clarissa said...

That looks like sooo much fun!!
Congratulations on your upcoming graduation!!