I had this 5 year old come in the other day to get his teeth cleaned. Cute as a button and smart.
Our conversation (names changed for privacy):
Timmy: I'm really excited today.
Lindsey: Me too!
Timmy: Ya, I'm like really excited.
Lindsey: Well, good!
Timmy: Are you the boss today?
Lindsey: Yes I am the boss today.
Timmy: Oh good..wanna know why I have to listen to you?
Lindsey: Why?
Timmy: (puts his hands on his hips while shaking is pointer finger at me)...cuz "doctor's orders!"..
Lindsey: HAHA yes...doctor's orders!
Timmy: Do you have any kids?
Lindsey: Nope, no kids.
Timmy: Well...do you have a cat or a dog then?
Lindsey: Um..no..
Timmy: Well then what do you have?
Lindsey:..........nothing.
Timmy: Oh..well you have a refrigerator right?
Lindsey: YES...
Timmy: Oh, okay then....
While taking X-rays....
Timmy: So my teeth are really clean, I just brushed them........okay so I snuck a candy out of my mom's purse just now but that's it.
Lindsey: I won't tell.
While cleaning his teeth...
Timmy: So the kids don't sit next to me in class cuz they think I'm weird and I wear pink.
Lindsey: I don't think you're weird. I think you're cool.
Timmy: I think I'm weird.
Lindsey: Ok...
My instructor comes to check my work....
Timmy: Who's that?
Lindsey: Well..I'm the boss but she's the big boss.
Timmy to my instructor: Are you so big that you can't fit through that door?
Instructor: What??
Lindsey: Um...
Probably one of my favorite patient's ever.
2 comments:
Holy crap! That was the funniest story I've heard in a while!! Look at all the interesting people you will meet while you clean their teeth!! Love you!!
"I think I'm weird." Ha ha! At least he has an honest self image! Cute kid!
Post a Comment