Day 9
All time low today. Woke up just not feeling right. I made myself my egg omelet with peppers and onions. Felt so strange this morning. My stomach was giving me such severe pain. I’m not sure what is going on but I know my body knows exactly what I’m doing to it. I know that what I’m doing is a good thing and it’s going to make my life fuller and happier but the transition from fatty, processed foods to healthy, whole foods seems like it’s taking a larger toll on my body than I originally thought it would. I really can’t remember my stomach hurting so bad in my life. It was intense sharp pain that lasted for about an hour and a half. Then it subsided to dull aches the rest of the day. I think I may have some stomach issues (thanks Mom and Dad) but the Challenge must go on!
I didn’t get to do my run today and I was really sad about that. Oh well, day skipped. I knew there would be obstacles like this during this thing and I’ve trained myself to just move on to the next day and regroup. I tried my best to eat as healthy as I could amidst the stomach problem.
This might sound cheesy but I’m going to go ahead and say it. I think for the first time in my life, I’m listening to my body. Like my body is a living, breathing, functioning thing and your body will treat you great when you treat it great, and it will treat you like crap when you treat it like crap. If that makes sense. I’ve never been so in tune with my body in my life and I’m really starting to realize what it needs. Today it needed rest and no more junk. And I obeyed.
No comments:
Post a Comment