September 20, 2011

Day 22

I worked out twice today. What has gotten into me? I needed to do it though. I missed an arm day Saturday and my arms are one of my biggest things I want to accomplish. I did legs in the morning and arms later on in the afternoon. It went great actually. I decided to change up a lot of my routines so my body doesn’t get to used to stuff. Did a lot of new challenging exercises and it was tough.

Ate pretty good today too. I recently discovered my new favorite store: SPROUTS!

Sprouts is awesome because it has a lot of good healthy food. I found out that it's only in California, Arizona, Colorado, and Texas so check it out if you want. There’s a section where there’s literally like 12 different types of granola. I bought cherry vanilla granola because it seriously tastes just like a cookie. I had so much fun just going around and looking at everything. They have the best bread and fruit and just awesome! The best part about it is that it’s about a mile away from my house, yes please!

The aisles of granola and trail mix...so neat. (ps. I did not take this, I found it on the web. I don't know that guy...)

I noticed that this eating thing is getting a lot easier. Like it’s not such a dramatic experience that I’m eating healthy and not eating my normal food. It’s just happening and it’s great and it’s making me realize that life does not revolve around food.

Day 21

Day of rest. Happy day. Had a brownie today. Man, Sundays are sometimes hard but I try to be as good as I can. I’m starting into week 4 tomorrow and I can’t believe the changes I’m already seeing in myself. Hunter is seeing them too though I think it’s easier for him to see them since I see myself everyday. I notice that when I sit down, my legs don’t go all cottage cheese up near my hamstrings anymore. Well not as much. My legs feel tighter and stronger. I can flex and see a nice long quadricep. My knees are starting to feel better too like they are building muscle around them for the first time. You can see definition in my shoulders and you can see quite a nice bicep if you ask me to flex. Do it please, ask me to flex. I’m very proud of it. My back feels tighter and stronger than ever. Especially my lower back. And don’t even get me started on my bum! Enough said. It feels great and the best part about it is, that I can feel myself getting healthier on the inside. Dare I say, I feel like I’m getting ‘in shape’…..!!!

Something I thought about today, there are realistically two things anyone needs to do this and I’m going to tell you them right now: 1. You need motivation, but motivation that is deeply personal and that tugs at your very heart as to why you want to help yourself. Motivation that only you really understand and that sparks a fire in you. 2. You need an open mind. One that is open to new ideas and change. One that is willing to say things like ‘You can actually do this’ and One that’s willing to change its mindset. Because if you think they way you’ve always thought when it comes to fitness and health and eating, then you’ll endlessly get the same results.

That’s my thought. There might be more things I need once I get deeper into this but right now, if you have those two things, you can accomplish pretty much anything.


1 comment:

Melody b said...

Linds, first off you are really funny. You have such a strong voice when you blog. Second, you have inspired me, and I have started a similar exercise/eating/being healthy plan myself. Thanks for blogging about your journey, it really has helped me along!