Man, today was not a good day at the gym. I don’t know what the deal is (actually I probably do know, and it has something to do with dumb girl hormones) BUT I could not stop comparing myself to every other woman in the gym today. I just kept looking at all these fit girls and thinking, ‘I don’t look like that, I wish I looked like that, Man look at her arms, She’s tanner than me, Her legs have less stretch marks than mine’” Over and over and over. I couldn’t stop looking at other people and feeling bad about myself. So stupid. It’s happens though, and for girls, it happens more often than I think we want to admit. I tried so hard to focus up and admire my own qualities but when it turned to me all I could see was imperfections. We are our own worst critic. So so true. I’m usually really good but there’s always once in a while that you compare and feel down and today was that day. I got through my workout as best I could then got out of there. I got home and looked at my favorite quote through all this: “No striving for perfection, only for achievement of a fit mind and body.” I need to remember that nobody is perfect and NO BODY is perfect either. For the first time in a long time, I feel fit and I need to focus on that.
Ate pretty good today. Working on getting more fruits and veggies in. They are oh so good for me…
Day 15
Had a great run today! Oh man, I felt really good. I ran 3 miles. It’s crazy how I can actually say that. I ran 3 miles! I sound like such a runner. Anyone out there who thinks they cannot run needs to just get it through your heads that your mind tells you that you can’t do things and that doesn’t mean it’s necessarily true. I’m still learning that myself. My mind likes to tell me I can’t do a lot.
I felt really good running. My left knee has been aching every day I run so today I put icy-hot on it and let me just say icy-hot is the bomb. I also invested in a $15 dollar knee brace from Walgreens. I wear the brace when I run to help stabilize my knee and it’s really helping. I think it’s just getting inflamed as I run.
Today I put oats in my protein shake. Bad move. It smelled and tasted like lumpy vomit. Lesson learned. Oats are for cookies and granola exclusively in my book. I need to start eating more fruits and veggies. I’m up to about 1 fruit and 3 veggies a day. It’s working great but oddest thing; the more you eat healthy the more you want to KEEP eating healthy, because it’s making you feel good. I catch myself finding healthy eating tips and learning all about soy milk, whole grains, and beans. This is a breakthrough coming from a girl that used to live off Oreos and TV dinners and Wheat Thins!! I promise I wont turn into a health nut because I love processed food just as much as the next person but I like knowing there are healthy, whole, and satisfying foods out there for me.
Today I had an amazing friend bring me a gift that deeply touched me. After about a week and half into this, I got a text from her telling me I inspired her! Oh my goodness! She left me this and a very sweet and encouraging note. It made my day and gave me renewed confidence to keep going. Shout out to my friend not for only being amazing herself but for helping me see the good I'm doing for myself. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment