September 11, 2011

Day 13

Oh blessed free day. Oh how I’ve missed you. It’s been so long… Happy Free Day world!! I woke up and decided to start off my free day with a sensible breakfast so that I wouldn’t feel sick all day. I ate normal; one egg, turkey bacon, and whole wheat toast. Later on I decided it was time to eat my break and bake cookie dough I bought and oh how sweet it was. I literally basked in it. It was so rich and yummy. I could taste the sugar and I liked it!

Hunter and I decided that on this free day we’d get something we both LOVE. Pork salads from Costa Vida. Oh wow. My mouth was watering as I watched them prepare it. Except I felt like they were going slow as snails getting it all ready. I thought I might climb over and make it myself. It was fantastic but I was frustrated I got full only about 1/3 of the way through. I didn’t care though, I suffered on. I would drink that ranch sauce forever. I got a root beer too and it was quite heavenly. I’ll probably only allow myself one soda or sugary beverage a free day and so I savored every sip of that root beer.

Tonight we had homemade Mexican food with Hunter’s family. I was still so full from everything that day (had more cookies) so I wasn’t even that hungry but I still ate the best tamale I’ve ever had in my life. In. My. Life. Wow.

Today was such a busy day that I didn’t have time to do cardio till way late. Today was unique and fun because we had some crazy monsoons all day so the weather was perfect to go outside. After we played in the rain for a while, we decided to lace up and power walk a couple miles. Mmm..it was so nice. The nice cool breeze, fresh air, and slight drizzle. That doesn’t happen too often in Arizona so it was nice to go outside and work out. I ran about ¾ of a mile. It was just such a nice night to walk and talk with Hunter. Happy Free Day!

No comments: