November 20, 2010

Perceptions


My perceptions are all sorts of off lately. Thanksgiving is next week and you definitely wouldn't know it here in Arizona. It's so weird! Living in a warmer climate has its perks. I just looked up my 5 day highs forecast..75, 72, 65, 61, 65, 64, 64. That's heaven. Provo? 50, 54, 38, 34, 33, 19, 25. Gross.
Even though I'm loving this warm weather, I feel like I'm not able to grasp the spirit of the holidays and that's making me sad. I walk outside and it feels like the summers in Washington but then I look on the TV and there's Christmas commercials. My brain isn't computing. I still feel like it's summer when in all reality....it's November!
Needless to say I'm trying to get into the holiday spirit but it's kind of hard when I can walk outside in my shorts. I'm trying really hard like listening to Christmas music and we just put up our Christmas tree in my house but...it's not working. Any ideas everyone?
Lindsey is blue because Christmas is my favorite time of year. Help.

1 comment:

Annie Jarman said...

I have a cure for that. It dumped about 6 inches of snow last night and is supposed to snow for the next 3 days up here... And the lights on Temple Square turn on on Friday!