November 15, 2010

Deep Thinking by LJ

I'd like to preface this post by saying that I have a spectacular immune system.

Somehow...SOMEHOW..I got a touch of something that has left me utterly bedridden and sounding more like a 76-year old smoker than myself. Now usually when I feel the inklings of a flu/cold coming on you better believe I've got my Emergen-C AND Airborne on hand to nip it in the bud. 9 times out of 10 I drink 5 glasses of each and I'm singing a happy tune the very next day. SOMEHOW...one of those little germs must have squeaked by because I would just like to reference my preface again...I have a spectacular immune system.

Finally, I believe I am on the home stretch of this thing and I apologize to my total of probably 4 readers for the lack of interesting posting the past week. But even on death's door (may be slightly exaggerating) I kept up NaBloPoMo. Props? Thank you. Last week was totally UNCOOL but I'm hoping this week will be better.

Since I just laid in my bed for days I was able to some deep thinking. First off I have a huge appreciation for the relationships with people I have in my life. Truthfully, the relationships in your life make it what it is. I'm fortunate enough to have some amazingly supportive relationships in mine. I don't know how I got so lucky.

My two best friends have taught me so much about how to love someone unconditionally. Life is messy and people are very imperfect but they have taught me how to love people in spite of that.

Then I started thinking about my 4 best friends I went to hygiene school with. They are the most supportive, unselfish friendships I've ever been blessed with. They got me through one of the more trying periods of life. And even though I live far apart from all of them, I still talk to all 4 of them at least once every single week. We all support each other in every aspect of life whether it's having a baby:), getting married, buying a new house, meeting a new boyfriend, dealing with an ex-boyfriend, getting the job, dating, everything. I whole-heartedly depend on them.

Wow this post all of sudden got very sentimental. I guess when you're at death's door (again, slightly exaggerating) you really appreciate the people in your life.

Anyways, I'm alive and almost kicking. More interesting posts to come. I can't believe it's almost half-way through NaBloPoMo. It's been so fun :)

One more random side note: This is officially Harry Potter week!!! Harry Potter comes out Thursday night and you better believe that me, Harry, and IMAX will be having a ball right at midnight.



1 comment:

Rachel said...

awwwwwwww! I love this post. so sweet. We really have been through A LOT together!! And we are still going through a lot together. I LOVE YOU!! And I am thankful for you.