October 24, 2010

Shoes...that is.


I've come to the conclusion that dating is like going shoe shopping. Here you are, in a store full of shoes. All different brands, shapes, sizes, fits. If you've never gone shoe shopping before, initially, you're not going to know what you want so you try on. Try and try on. Sometimes we get a great shoe. No, not just great, but perfect shoe. We love it. It fits great. Looks great. But sometimes it just doesn't make you want to stand up and say HEY, this shoe is great! It doesn't make you think I HAVE to have this shoe. Sometimes you put a shoe on and it doesn't fit or look great right away. See ya. But then sometimes we put on a shoe and it looks great, all your friends say it looks great but in no way does it suit you. Are you following what I'm putting down here? I'd like to think that I've tried on just about every shoe out there. Are there still more shoes to try on? Course. But honestly, I'm tired of going shoe shopping and would like to one day just sit down, try a shoe on, and wear them right out of the store.

3 comments:

Annie Jarman said...

You are so cute.

Rachel said...

very profound, linds. i absolutely love this. you are SO right!

Amy Jarman said...

I think it is more like bra shopping. It takes forever!