Um, this might come out a little weird but here goes:...I love hip hop music. For a while there, I tried to make myself understand that hip hop was teenage nonsense and now that I'm older I needed to be into better, more interesting music like Tom Petty or Iron & Wine. But I can't help it. And that's okay. I have an unnatural love for hip hop music. It's catchy and makes me break out in pretty amazing albeit sometimes awkward freestyle car dancing. You might say, Linz, no one really cares about this. But guess what person-reading-my-blog-and-critiquing-it, I know that. This is me finally coming to terms with the fact that as much as I love good, solid inspiring music that moves you and makes you see yourself in a new way, I really love good, fun hip hop music thats sole purpose is to make me wanna sing, dance, and put on my boots with the fur. Let's be honest, no other music can have lyrics like, 'call me Mr. Flinstone I can make your bed rock' and be socially acceptable. Love it.
If you haven't seen this already, trust me, it's amazing.
No comments:
Post a Comment